Applicants please email resume to: email@example.com
Position: Accounting Manager – reporting to Controller
Location: Carrollton, TX
Duration: Full Time/ Exempt
VSE Aviation, Inc. (VAI) is a family of companies which includes Prime Turbines, CT Aerospace, Kansas Aviation and Air Parts & Supply Co. that specializes in maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services and parts supply for corporate and regional aircraft engines and engine accessories.
VAI currently has an opening for an Accounting Manager to join the VAI team in Carrollton, TX. The ideal candidate must have 5 years accounting experience working for a publicly traded company or Big 4/Public Accounting experience. CPA/MBA preferred. Supervisory experience a plus.
This position is responsible for managing, directing and reviewing the work of the accounting staff including, but not limited to, cash reconciliations, journal entries, fixed asset activities, debt activities, and recording of revenue and expenses. Additional responsibilities to include, resolving complex accounting issues or assisting in resolving financial issues; Monitor and analyze accounting data to ensure accuracy; Review monthly internal financial statements, prepare monthly consolidated financial statements; Produce quarterly and annual consolidated financial statements, assist in preparation of 10Q and 10K disclosures; Coordinate and assist auditors with annual audit.
Accounting Manager Essential Job Functions:
- Oversee accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems for three of the four business units, focusing on compliance and appropriate accounting standards to ensure the integrity of the financial statements
- Manage the monthly close process and the month end reporting package
- Analyze financial data and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements results including variance analyses
- Lead a team of accounting professionals focusing on employee development, coaching and mentoring
· Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business related
· 5+ years accounting experience
· Certified Public Accountant License (CPA)
· Sarbanes Oxley experience a must
· Knowledge of federal and state financial regulations
· Strong verbal and written communication skill
· Intermediate to Advanced MS Excel (vlookups, pivots, formulas)
· Ability to engage and influence multilevel staff up to executive management