Job Summary: Apply the principles of accounting according to General Accepted Accounting Principles, establish and maintain the general accounting system, preparation of reports and statistics reflecting assets, liabilities, earnings, profits, cash and other financial results. Assist in the development and maintenance of standard costing for all machined and assembled components and finals.
· General Accounting: Work with other members on the accounting team as the accounting representative of the general ledger; ensure accounting practices are in accordance to GAAP, transactions are completed accurately, perform monthly, quarterly and annual account reconciliations as well as a perform daily & monthly general transactions and posting.
· Fixed Asset Accounting; Record, depreciate and reconcile direct purchased fixed assets and internal built fixed assets. Provide required reports and statements for purposes of monthly financial reporting and annual tax filing and audit.
· Sales & Use Tax; Monthly, Quarterly and Annual Sales and Use Tax filings for the required states; for all entities, as well as ensure proper accounting and management of the General Ledger accounts representing this tax.
· Cost Accounting (COGS): Work with Financial Services and Operations in accomplishing the monthly written analysis and statistical summary reflecting changes in materials, labor, overhead and freight along with other cost variances resulting from differences between standard cost and actual cost.
· Cost Accounting (Standard Cost): Assist in developing and maintaining standard costs for all machined and assembled components and finals; labor rates, machine/people, run rates and overhead rates for the integrated manufacturing package.
· External CPA: Assist in providing accurate information to outside CPA firms for tax and audit
· Back-up Liaison: Act as a liaison between the accounting department and other departments to answer questions pertaining to actual expenses charged to their department budgets.
· Back-up for Project Accounting: Work with Financial, Engineering and Operations to establish, maintain, review and reconcile R&D, product and capital projects. Provide required reports and accounting for purposes of monthly financial reporting and annual tax filing and audit.
· Other duties as assigned
· Understanding and acceptance of general accounting principles; introduction to finance
· Advance to Intermediate in the Microsoft Office Suite; Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Visio
· Analyze financial and cost data
· Excellent Communication skills, organization skills and accuracy
· Support continuous improvement in all areas of the company
· Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills. Shows appreciation for the problems and ideas of others
· Has the ability and outlook to move a problem into the stage of corrective action. Can initiate steps for both immediate action and long-term prevention of problems
· ERP System Knowledge
· Stay current with our PC Tools: Microsoft office, ERP information extracting module,
· Proficient in standard cost accounting
· A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance, or equivalent degree. CPA strongly Preferred
· 5+ years of experience in a staff or accountant role, or equivalent experience in a manufacturing setting.
Job Type: Full-time