Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Home Forums Shop Control SHOP CONTROL – 8130 ON WORK ORDER, CHANGING THE DATES

• SHOP CONTROL – 8130 ON WORK ORDER, CHANGING THE DATES

Posted by Deleted User on 05/29/2012 at 2:47 PM

Need to know if anyone has been in this position, and has some advise on how to fix this.

When printing an 8130 and sending to customer, they request another copy of the same 8130, a year later.

We need to replicate the same 8130 with the same date in the box 5 area and on the box 23 area, since they both need to match.

I am finding that there is no way to reprint an 8130 at a later date, with a date in the past.

Has anyone found a way?

Sandy Kosiek

Sarah Shaw replied 10 years, 3 months ago 5 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • SHOP CONTROL – 8130 ON WORK ORDER, CHANGING THE DATES

Sarah Shaw Latest Reply 10 years, 3 months ago 5 Members · 5 Replies
  • Marty Luksts

05/29/2012 at 9:48 PM

We use Firebird version and print Transport Canada Form One. Perhaps the forms work in a similar fashion. If the work order has remained closed, the date should remain the same on the certification as the day it was closed and a re-print would have the correct date. I have occasionally had to re-open a work order, days or weeks after it was closed, to enter data and then re-print the cert. In this case the date has changed on the task status to the new ‘closed’ date. I would then edit the status date to reflect the date I want on the cert. Check all the tasks, since the most recent ‘closed’ status date is the one that prints on the cert.

• Billy Sell

05/30/2012 at 6:02 AM

Sandy,

We use a UDF to populate box 23 on our 8130’s. The UDF (Misc Tab in WO Header) is labeled “Tag Date” and entered manually when we close the WO. That way, if we ever need to change, we can simply go to the header, change the date and reprint the 8130.

Should be a pretty simple change in forms designer.

Billy

• Worthington Aviation

05/30/2012 at 6:58 AM

The best way to solve this is to modify your 8130 in the forms designer.

Just delete the two date fields in the applicable boxes. Then, add a label object for

each of the new date displays. Position them on the form appropriatly..

Box 18 date field object should be

Left=223

Top=373

Width=79

Height=17

Box 23 date field object should be

Left=715

Top=373

Width=79

Height=17

You can set the position and size properties by highlighting hte label, then right

click and select Position from the pop up menu.

In the label Object’s OnGetText code area, add the following code to your procedure

area.

This will print the date that the work order was closed instead of the date that the

8130 was printed.

begin

Text := FormatDateTime(‘mm/dd/yy’, WO_OPERATION[‘CLOSE_DATE’]);

end;

To get the OnGetText area, click Calc tab, View and select Event.

Find your label object that you just added, click on it.

In the Events window, click OnGetText. Inset the code into the Procedure window. Right click on the Procedure window and select Compile. Make sure there are no error (display at the bottom of the screen).

Save your document as a new name. Print using the new document you created.

• Anonymous

Deleted User
    05/31/2012 at 9:58 AM

Thank you! I will try these suggestions.

• Sarah Shaw

08/15/2012 at 7:43 AM

We found a way….its by changing your computer date back to the date you need to print the 8130.

thanks

Sarah Shaw

A&R Aviation Services